[LRUG] [JOBS] Ruby Software Engineer at Creditspring - We are changing consumer credit for the better

Alfredo Motta alfredo at creditspring.co
Fri Jan 31 10:55:21 PST 2020

Hello LRUG!

I am Alfredo, CTO at Creditspring<http://www.creditspring.co.uk/>. We exist to help hard working UK people that struggle with unexpected financial expenses and gets bitten by expensive unarranged overdraft and credit cards.
To solve that we offer interest free loans in exchange of a fixed membership fee. We invented it (!) and we are FCA regulated.

We use Ruby, Rails, PostgreSQL, Sidekiq, Heroku, Stimulus JS and Redis. We built a modern Event Sourcing architecture with independently deployable front office and back office applications.
I gave some highlights on our tech at LRUG in May 2018<http://www.lrug.org/meetings/2018/#may-2018-meeting> and later at Brighton Ruby<https://brightonruby.com/2018/introduction-to-event-sourcing-for-rubyists-alfredo-motta/>.

Our ideal candidate for this position has 3-5 years of experience using Ruby/Rails, worked in Finance before and is excited to make our customer success team scale with the company!
Here is the full job description https://creditspring.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=21

Just to give you some context, the company in total is 14 people and the engineering team is composed of 2 full-time engineers, plus one part time, (and me!). We launched in September 2018, we received more than 500k applications and we now have 10k customers, aiming to reach 100k by the end of 2020. This year we want to achieve product/market fit (measured mostly by monthly growth and membership retention), provide evidence of scalability and profitability, while at the same make our product unique and defensible against new entrants in the market.

This is where you make the difference! To achieve our goals of scalability and profitability this role will be responsible to lead the back office application and work in close collaboration with the operation team to improve the efficiency of existing internal processes and both design and implement new processes/workflows to help the company scale while keeping the operations team size relatively small. Ask for detailed projects, I will be happy to answer and get your thoughts on it, I am quite (over) excited about them!

I will be at the February meeting and give a lightning talk on Observability<http://www.lrug.org/meetings/2020/february/>,
Would love to talk with you about the role details.

Looking forward to hearing back,
Have a nice weekend,
Alfredo (CTO @ Creditspring)