[LRUG] Pre-announcing our Jan meeting: A Recruitment Q&A

Murray Steele murray.steele at lrug.org
Mon Nov 30 14:29:39 PST 2020

Hi all,

We've just announced our Dec meeting (go read about it at
https://lrug.org/meetings/2020/december/ and sign up
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/lrug-december-2020-tickets-130784547101) and
now it's time to think about January.

The meeting will be remote, as is the style of the time, on Monday 11th
January 2021 from 6:30pm to 8ish (GMT).

Often times a new year brings with it thoughts of a new role so Thayer
Prime has offered to run a recruitment Q&A at our January meeting.  It
comes with a bit of a twist though as Thayer is keen to hear some Qs folk
want to get As to early to prepare in advance.  The idea being that we'd
run through those Q&As as a "talk" and then throw open the floor to a more
traditional live Q&A session.

I'm sure Thayer will follow up with more details and the kinds of things
they've been thinking about to theme the Q&A, but get your thinking hats on
and we can get all your burning recruitment questions answered in January.

Cheers,

Murray

ps. We'd probably have time for another talk in Jan and if you wanted to
put something together that might complement a recruitment Q&A that would
be excellent.  As ever, talks at lrug.org for all your talk volunteering needs.

pps. After January comes February, and that's when we like to have loads of
you talk in our lightning event.  All short talks (10 minutes or less), so
again, get your quick-thinking hats on and volunteer yourselves (or your
colleagues??!?!) at talks at lrug.org

ppps.  talks
pppps. at
ppppps. lrug