[LRUG] [JOBS] Ruby on Rails Developer at thoughtbot, Remote OK

Rob Whittaker rob at thoughtbot.com
Fri Sep 11 02:40:13 PDT 2020

We're looking for a developer experienced with Rails and JavaScript and
interested in expanding into new technologies to join our UK team. You’ll
work with our clients to build great products that delight users while
using investment time to contribute to our community and better thoughtbot.

As a member of the thoughtbot UK team, you will also become a member of our
global thoughtbot community. We are almost 100 designers and developers in
six offices around the world (Boston, San Francisco, New York, Raleigh,
Austin, and London).

While we have an office in London, this is a remote position available to
anyone in the United Kingdom.

## About thoughtbot

As a Rails developer, you might be familiar with us, as we're the creators
of FactoryBot, Paperclip, Clearance and other popular Ruby gems. thoughtbot
works with companies in every step of the process to help identify and
solve problems. We lead and participate in product design sprints, build
high-quality apps, and then deploy them. We use emerging and effective
technologies and methods on both internal and client projects. We believe
there is always a better way to do our work, and we want to find it and
share it with as many people as possible.

Additionally, we maintain an inclusive work environment where everyone can
thrive professionally, as well as have full lives outside of work.
thoughtbot does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, colour,
religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and
benefits. We welcome you to apply and let us know if you need any
reasonable accommodations during the interview process.

Want to dig deeper? Read more about our [Purpose and Values][1], how we
work in our [Playbook][2] or check out this [video to hear from our
team][3].

[1]: https://thoughtbot.com/purpose
[2]: https://thoughtbot.com/playbook
[3]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABGeod88Lz4

## Requirements

thoughtbot web developers are able to rapidly build high-quality,
test-driven, Ruby on Rails applications. Well-qualified candidates will
have an excellent knowledge of HTML, CSS, JavaScript, debugging,
refactoring, design patterns, and other programming practices.

While Rails experience is a must, we are also rapidly expanding our work
into other languages and frameworks such as Go, Swift, Elixir, Python,
React, Ember, and Node.js. Experience or interest in these technologies is
a big plus.

Very well-qualified candidates will also have experience with consulting
and have a proven track record of attracting potential customers.

## Benefits

In addition to a competitive salary, you will receive company-matched
pension contributions and private health insurance. For new parents we
offer additional paid leave on top of your statutory rights. You can view
all of our benefits at https://benefits.thoughtbot.com.

Our team works in a relaxed and educational environment to develop
excellent products for our clients. We work a sustainable pace of 40
hours/week, consulting for clients four days/week. We also like to learn.
Everything we do is predicated on having a great team and a culture of
growing. We use the latest technologies and are always down to try new
methods on both internal and client projects.

[Apply now](https://thoughtbot.com/jobs)