[LRUG] [JOBS] Full-Stack Senior and Principal Engineers (remote)

James Gellately-Smith jgs at korukids.co.uk
Thu Apr 8 08:27:50 PDT 2021

Hello LRUG'ers

We're on the lookout for a number of engineers to join Koru Kids and, as
the stack is predominantly Ruby on Rails it makes perfect sense to post to
you lovely people.

Koru Kids is a startup (there are around 50 of us) that provides wrap
around childcare services to families. We are looking for principal and
senior engineers and it's a great time to join - we're well funded,
families really love our service, we've got a great culture and yet it's
still early days.

You would be joining the product engineering team which is 14 growing to 20
people. We are still working through ways of working (see
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1P4UvXjDYBgTSChooIpKhCshMwMWb17jskNM0kFUf6LE/edit?usp=sharing)
but we are heading towards XP-style agile.

These opportunities will suit those who:

* care a great deal about what it is they are building
* understand the value of quality
* get why the XP stuff is important (XP is shorthand for TDD, CI/CD,
pairing, outcomes over features)
* have the ability to mentor and lead by example
* are the senior end of senior or principal level

For the right people we are offering:

* share options in an Atomico backed start-up
* competitive sals (senior II: 80k-100k, principal: 100-130k)
* 50% off Koru Kids childcare for those based in London (for now)

If this is you - then you can find out more about what we are building and
apply at korukids.co.uk/careers

If you *think* this might be you - or want to have a chat with a human
being (well CTO) - then email me at jgs_at_korukids.co.uk - and we'll set
it up.

Thank you for your attention!

James

Koru Kids