[LRUG] [JOBS] - Lead Back-End Engineer (Ruby & PostgreSQL) - £95,000 | €115,000 - Work Anywhere (UK or EU)

Jordan Norris jordan at grittt.com
Fri Aug 13 03:27:52 PDT 2021

Hi LRUG,

Grit Tech Talent has partnered with a fantastic social product that
actually does ‘social good’

We are hiring a Lead Back-End Engineer (Ruby and PostgreSQL) to join a
super talented team made up of experienced engineers previously with the
likes of Deliveroo and Twitter.

This role might be for you if:

   - You want to build technology for good.
   - You feel that our work ethic resonates with yours, and you see how
   they can act as guidance for your day-to-day work.
   - You have 5+ years of backend engineering experience, including 3+
   years with Ruby on Rails.
   - You can work with relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL) with large
   and complex datasets (100s of tables, 100s of millions of records).
   - You have strong computer science fundamentals, from data structures to
   algorithmic complexity.
   - You have built software that scales to many concurrent users.
   - You have worked in a start-up environment.
   - You have worked remotely, and/or with a distributed team.
   - You are fluent in written and spoken English.

You’ll join the Backend team responsible for designing, building, testing,
and operating software that runs on servers — serving APIs to user's mobile
apps. It is also responsible for content moderation tools, data processing,
and machine learning.

As well as working with a great team of colleagues you'll also have the
added bonus of being able to work from anywhere in the UK or the EU (+/-3
hours)

If you'd like to learn more about this or another Ruby focused opportunity,
please get in touch via email, phone: 01491 913 993 | Jordan at grittt.com

The Ruby market is the hottest I have ever seen it right now!

Honestly, it is booming and the demand for good Ruby Engineers is at an
all-time high, that represents an awesome chance to change your
environment, contribute to some amazingly innovative products, work with
new brilliant people and progress your career.

The above is just one of several fantastic opportunities we are working on
at the moment. Have a read and feel free to call me for an informal chat,
anytime - 07858973473

All the best,
Jordan

--
Jordan Norris
Director | Talent Partner - Ruby Technologies

*Phone: *01491 913 993
*Mobile*: 07858 973 473

*We help brilliant companies hire outstanding Ruby Developers *
(Interim, Contract and Permanent)

Linkedin <https://www.linkedin.com/in/jordannorris/> | Web
<http://www.grittt.com/> | Start a Conversation
<https://calendly.com/grittt> | The Scoop
<https://recruiters.thescoop.co.uk/jordan-norris>

Office Location: Newtown Road The Henley Building, Henley-on-Thames RG9 1HG

***Can you refer a friend? Ask me about our referral bonus***

GRIT Tech Talent Limited. registered in England and Wales. No: 12415352
This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) to whom it is
addressed. Any dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of this
message or any of its contents by any person other than the Intended
Recipient may constitute a breach of civil or criminal law and is strictly
prohibited. Emails are susceptible to interference. “Grit Tech Talent
Limited" accepts no responsibility for information, errors, omissions or
corrupt files received as a result of this email.

Privacy Policy 2020: https://www.grittt.com/post/privacy-policy-2020