[LRUG] [JOBS] Backend Rails Developer, £45k – £55k, (Perm, Remote)

Mark Brewster mark.brewster at flexmr.org
Thu Aug 12 08:41:49 PDT 2021

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all well.

I just thought I’d let you all know that FlexMR are looking for a Backend Rails Developer with at least 2 years of professional experience to join our dynamic team.

I have been at FlexMR for 18 months now and it is a great and fun place to work and I really enjoy it here. There is a real commitment to a good work life balance and no politics or other nonsense. Everything is very organised and extremely well run which frees me up to do my job without  having to deal with a load of silliness and pointless admin.

We are a small team of friendly, approachable, highly skilled and experienced developers.
The stack is an RoR monolith and MySQL DB (there are a couple of smaller microservices in RoR as well) with a mix of erb/haml and React on the frontend.

The role is fully remote (we only require attendance twice annually at the office in the Lake District)  but you must be a resident of the UK and legally entitled to work in the UK

Pays £45k – £55k

Offers flexible working

Hardware budget

Requirements

At least 2 years of professional experience with Ruby on Rails

Experience of working with relational databases such as MySQL or Postgres

Using Git as part of a team, including use of GitHub/GitLab

Understanding of continuous integration (for example CircleCI, Travis or Jenkins)

Proficient in secure coding principles and software best practices

Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organisational skills

Demonstrable experience of working both independently and as part of a small team

Excellent communication skills

Experience in agile software development

Resident of the UK and legally entitled to work in the UK

Nice to Haves

Experience of Docker
Experience of working within a remote team
Familiarity with core AWS components, e.g. EC2, RDS, S3 and CloudWatch

For more information and to apply please see https://angel.co/company/flexmr/jobs/1562720-ruby-developer <https://angel.co/company/flexmr/jobs/1562720-ruby-developer> or email a copy of your CV to recruitment at flexmr.org

If you have any questions please feel free to message me.

Thanks for your time.

Mark
--
This e-mail contains information proprietary to FlexMR, some or all of
which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If