[LRUG] [JOBS] TOSHI - Mid/Senior Ruby on Rails developers, full time and contract

Edwin Wills edwin at toshi.co
Tue Aug 31 02:59:58 PDT 2021

Hi LRUG,

I recently joined TOSHI (www.toshi.co) as their CTO, and we’re looking to
expand the team, ideally with 2x permanent Ruby/full stack software
engineers, and 2x contractors for a short-term contract (6 weeks) between
September and October.

TL;DR

2x Mid/Senior software engineers, £45k-£70k depending on experience

2x Short term contractors, £500/day (6 week contract, September - October
2021)

Interested? Please send your CV and a quick note introducing yourself to
edwin at toshi.co

Absolutely no recruiters please!

The longer bit

TOSHI partners with the world’s best brands to bring the dressing room
experience directly to the customer, at home and on-demand. Our network of
trained Assistants will bring the customer the items they want, within 30
mins delivery slots, all day long. While at the customer’s home, our
Assistant can wait whilst the customer tries the items on, and return any
unwanted items back to the store - providing hassle-free shopping for the
customer and brand. British Vogue called TOSHI “The Deliveroo of Fashion”
<https://www.vogue.co.uk/fashion/article/personal-shopping>, and we are
listed in Bloomberg Business’ 50 Ones To Watch
<https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2020-bloomberg-50/?sref=kKj7hWAI>.

We’re at a really exciting time within the company, as we’re building new
products, and integrating with technology, to help the business keep up
with our customer and geographic growth.

The team

We have an engineering team of 8, including myself and a product manager,
and we all work remotely. We might return to an office at some stage, but
intend to keep remote working as an option for the whole team if we do.

What you’d be doing

If you were working with us today, you might be helping us to integrate
with Stripe Connect as our primary payment method for at-door payments, or
improving our in-house scheduling algorithm to ensure that orders are
allocated in the most efficient way to our team of Assistants.

Tech stack

We use Ruby on Rails 6 to power our main API, and run our back-office
software, with all of our customer-facing software written in
Typescript/React. Heroku to host.

Who we’re looking for

   -

   You’ve worked across a range of projects in the past, and hold opinions
   on how to write good, well tested code
   -

   You have excellent written communication skills - we like to understand
   features and requirements with single page “product proposals”, and we use
   written text to bypass having loads of meetings
   -

   You know how to make things go fast, and when it’s appropriate to apply
   performance tuning techniques: we’re not a business that will ever hit
   “hard scaling problems”, but we do expect our customers’ experience with us
   to be speedy

Our offer

   -

   25 days holiday a year + public holidays as standard
   -

   A competitive salary with annual reviews, weekly 1:1s, and well
   established career progression (we love Dropbox’s engineering career
   framework <https://dropbox.github.io/dbx-career-framework/>)
   -

   The option for equity within the business
   -

   A relaxed, inclusive, and collaborative place to work
   -

   Remote working that we intend to continue to offer, even if we open an
   office again

How to apply

Please send your CV and a quick note introducing yourself to edwin at toshi.co

Thanks,