[LRUG] [JOBS] The Data Standards Authority is (still) looking for developers

Charles Baird charles.baird at digital.cabinet-office.gov.uk
Fri Jun 25 09:03:48 PDT 2021

Hi LRUG!

I messaged you in mid-May about some developer  opportunities at the Data
Standards Authority, which is part of the Central Digital and Data Office
in the Cabinet Office. We had a really good set of responses to the more
senior role, but we're still looking for some mid-level developers to join
the team. We've got quite a few different strands of work, but most
relevantly we're trying to turn the fledgling Government API Catalogue (
https://api.gov.uk) into a real discovery layer for APIs across the public
sector, to drive innovation and better services for citizens.

Job ad is here:

https://gdscareers.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/appcentre-1/brand-4/xf-930972319091/candidate/so/pm/1/pl/4/opp/314-Developer-Central-Digital-and-Data-Office/en-GB

But in summary we're looking for enthusiastic generalists, paying up tpo
£57k, with a hybrid approach to working that will be predominantly home
based, but with links to one of the Cabinet Office hubs in London, Bristol
or Manchester. We've got a very flat structure so there will be a real
chance for the right candidate to shape government approaches to
interesting problems around data and APIs.

Do please give me a shout with any questions - I think this is a really
exciting opportunity, although I would say that. The closing date is
Monday, so not loads of time, but happy to answer any questions in the
meantime.

Thanks,

Charles

Charles Baird
Data Architect
Data Standards Authority, Central Digital and Data Office
07846903170
https://api.gov.uk
Calendar: https://calendly.com/charlesbaird/