[LRUG] Rails schema line order changing

Ed James ed.james.spam at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 00:15:30 PST 2021

The only reliable “solution” I’ve come across is to ensure your team treat the “schema.rb” file the same way they treat their own own when raising a pull request i.e. if I add a migration the schema file should only reflect my change - if it doesn’t that is a signal to me that I need to rebuild my database:

rails db:drop db:create db:schema:load db:seed

Once your colleagues get used to this (and it’s pretty easy really) you’ll find you have very little churn on your schema file.

Good luck!

       	Ed James
I will respect your spam <mailto:ed.james.spam at gmail.com>