[LRUG] Rails schema line order changing

Tim Diggins tim at red56.uk
Mon Mar 1 00:58:09 PST 2021

Hi Stuart

I use the gem "fix-db-schema-conflicts" -- ever since adding that to my
Gemfile on each project it ensures that all schema changes are alphabetised
(and otherwise normalised) and git diffs are much easier to read.

I agree with Ed that whatever the extra support (like the
fix-db-schema-conflicts gem), the individual committer should be
responsible for adjusting their commits.

all the best

Tim