[LRUG] [JOBS] Senior Ruby Backend Engineers - help us change mens health.

Jonathan Lindon jonathan at numan.com
Thu Oct 14 14:33:21 PDT 2021

Hi [LRUG],

Here at NUMAN we’re building products to change the way men look after their health and wellness. We’re building a platform that gives direct access to medical professionals, pharmaceutical products and the knowledge to make informed choices about your health. Our mission is to help men across the world live healthier, happier lives with Numan as their trusted, long-term partner for all things relating to their wellbeing.

We’re set up in product squads and are distributed across the UK, Sweden, Greece and other European Countries. And right now, we’re hiring for several positions at senior level as we scale out the teams.

We’re open to contract or permanent interest from LRUG and your amazing extended network! Fully remote and anywhere (mostly) in Europe.

Technology Stack
Here are the main pieces of technology and tools that we are currently using:

  *   Ruby, Rails, RSpec, PostgreSQL, Redis and Memcached for our web API services.
  *   Node.js, Vue.js with Vuex and Nuxt.js, ES6, SCSS, Jest (and a bit of Cypress) and Webpack for our website.
  *   Python, Django and PostgreSQL for our Medical Platform.
  *   Git, GitHub, CircleCI for our code and continuous integration/deployment Heroku and Cloudflare for our infrastructure.
  *   Sentry, New Relic and Skylight for monitoring.
  *   Jira for keeping us on track.

What you'll be doing:

  *   You will be working in one of our e-commerce or medical teams, designing, implementing, maintaining, scaling and deploying the core of our business.
  *   Be instrumental in building a health platform that helps men take better care of themselves.
  *   Design domain models and business flows to implement new product features or 3rd party integrations and automation.
  *   Refactor code and automate end-to-end testing suites.
  *   Mentor, help and guide less experienced colleagues to help them up their game and become better engineers.
  *   Lead technical projects by working closely with our designers, product managers and marketers.
Apply here<https://numan.jobs.personio.de/job/327483?_pc=503954#apply>  or drop me a line jonathan at numan.com<mailto:jonathan at numan.com>

Thanks!