[LRUG] [ANN] December meeting details

Murray Steele murray.steele at lrug.org
Mon Dec 5 15:08:04 PST 2022

Hi all,

Just a reminder that this time next week we should all be musing over what
we just heard from our speakers and some of us are probably wondering how
to get home if we stayed to chat things over in the pub.

You can still secure your place by:

1. Reading our code-of-conduct at https://readme.lrug.org/#code-of-conduct so
you understand the standard that we hold your behaviour to
2. Booking a place via eventbrite at
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/london-ruby-user-group-december-2022-meeting-tickets-475342250467

Once you've done that you should read this message that our lovely venue
hosts, Zinc, asked us to share, particularly if you’re thinking about a new
role as a little festive gift for yourself:

A call for socially conscious individuals. Could you create a business that
> transforms people’s financial resilience and empowers them to turn
> uncertainty into opportunity?
>
> *Zinc VC <https://www.zinc.vc/>has 70 places for the next Venture Builder
> <https://www.zinc.vc/venture-builder> starting in April 2023. Designed to
> launch you as a Founder, you gain ~£250k funding to build a new commercial
> business from scratch that will help people earn more money, invest smartly
> in future financial security or cope better with financial shocks. They are
> looking for individuals with experience in financial services, technology,
> education, real estate, pensions, asset management, policy and more. *
>

> *You join this full-time, 12-month platform as part of an energetic and
> passionate cohort. You’ll find a co-Founder, receive executive coaching and
> introductions to world-leading experts, gain guidance from Zinc’s dedicated
> R&D team and receive up to £250k investment (including a £13,200 stipend
> across the first 6 months, increased from £12,000 to support Founders with
> the cost of living crisis). Zinc also supports women in tech through the
> Rose Acton Award <https://www.zinc.vc/rose-acton-award> and endorses UK
> Startup/Innovator Visas. Urgent action is required to empower individuals
> to build financial resilience in the face of a cost of living crisis, and
> now is the time to act. Read the full mission manifesto here
> <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JGnAbm_yi8Q3-CsgFj7Z86bzqBiA0ROf/view>
> and apply today
> <https://apply.workable.com/zinc-ventures-limited/j/46B8C0F986/>. Their
> next deadline is December 22nd and applicants are encouraged to apply as
> soon as possible for a greater chance of success, spaces fill up quickly!*

Hope to see you all there!

Cheers,

Murray & the rest of the organising team