[LRUG] [ANN] March meeting … details? Well, not quite

Eleanor McHugh eleanor at games-with-brains.com
Sat Mar 5 08:19:30 PST 2022

On 4 Mar 2022, at 09:21, Murray Steele <murray.steele at lrug.org <mailto:murray.steele at lrug.org>> wrote:
> Same message as below, but to be read with more intensity and nervousness.  Maybe imagine a single bead of sweat rolling down El Rug's face. We’ve still nothing lined up for our March meeting.
>
> Please dig deep and find it in your hearts to help us out!  Even a couple of lightning talks would be enough to make a viable meeting.
>
> If up til now you’ve been thinking, “eh, someone will step forward, I don’t need to” it turns out maybe you do need to.  As ever, we’ll help you however we can in turning an idea into a talk.  We’re very much open to pre-recorded talks too if public speaking is uncomfortable.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Murray & the rrest of the organising team

Hi Murray,

I have a talk on the HTML5/Browser environment from a systems programming perspective if that would be of interest. It covers AJAX, fetch, basic DOM manipulation, timers, and WebSockets.

It was developed for last year's GopherCon UK so the backend bits are currently in golang but if I can find a couple of spare days between now and the 14th I can port those to Sinatra so its Ruby-relevant.

Ellie