[LRUG] [ANN] March meeting … details? Well, not quite

Panos Matsinopoulos panos.matsinopoulos at getlavanda.com
Sun Mar 6 09:31:39 PST 2022

Hi Murray,

I could deliver a talk about a PDF generation task we have developed using
React but in the environment of a Ruby on Rails project.
The title could be something like : "Using React in a Ruby Project to
Dynamically Generate PDF Documents"
How does it sound to you?

Panos

On Fri, 4 Mar 2022 at 11:22, Murray Steele <murray.steele at lrug.org> wrote:

> Same message as below, but to be read with more intensity and
> nervousness.  Maybe imagine a single bead of sweat rolling down El Rug's
> face.  We’ve still nothing lined up for our March meeting.
>
> Please dig deep and find it in your hearts to help us out!  Even a couple
> of lightning talks would be enough to make a viable meeting.
>
> If up til now you’ve been thinking, “eh, someone will step forward, I
> don’t need to” it turns out maybe you do need to.  As ever, we’ll help you
> however we can in turning an idea into a talk.  We’re very much open to
> pre-recorded talks too if public speaking is uncomfortable.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Murray & the rrest of the organising team
>
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2022 at 20:54, Murray Steele <murray.steele at lrug.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Our next meeting is due on Monday 14th March in a zoom window on your
>> computer in the comfort of your own home* from about 18:20 to 20:00.
>>
>> This month we’re going to hear from … you?
>>
>> Turns out, we’re in one of those weird situations where most of the
>> volunteers we’ve approached have been excited to talk, but for one reason
>> or another have to defer to another month, so we’re looking thin on the
>> ground.  And by thin on the ground, I mean, we have no talks lined up 😱.
>>
>> So, this is where you come in: the meeting is in a couple of weeks and we
>> need something to fill it.  Please volunteer a talk and we’ll get you
>> booked in.  Or convince that one colleague or friend you know who always
>> says they want to give a talk, but never put themselves forward.  Or come
>> up with an idea for a panel discussion on some hot topics in the ruby or
>> general development community.  Or offer to run a practical session to
>> explore a new concept.
>>
>> Anyway, the agenda is open and we need your help.  Email talks at lrug.org
>> to get the process started and we’ll help you turn that idea into a whole
>> thing.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Murray & the rest of the organising team
>>
>> * or someone else’s home, or from your phone at the top of a mountain,
>> honestly, it’s up to you!

<http://lavanda.co.uk>
Panos Matsinopoulos
Senior Software Developer
panos.matsinopoulos at getlavanda.com  |  getlavanda.com
[image: Download our free 70-page white paper!]
<https://mailchi.mp/getlavanda.com/whitepaper>
[image: Podcast] <https://open.spotify.com/show/0aXXyrmDTP0TAo3nIVpn0c> Tune
into the Real Estate: 20/20 Vision podcast
<http://open.spotify.com/show/0aXXyrmDTP0TAo3nIVpn0c>
on Google, Apple, Spotify, Amazon and more.