[LRUG] [ANN] May meeting details (15th May)

Frederick Cheung frederick.cheung at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 05:34:06 PDT 2023

Hi everyone!

Our may meeting will be on the 15th May, from 6pm onwards (talks start at
6.30) at Zappi's offices in Camden. Please note that this is not the second
monday of the month, due to the extra bank holiday. As always please
register via eventbrite to attend, as places are limited:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/london-ruby-user-group-may-2023-meeting-tickets-624220760097

As part of doing so you agree to abide by the code of conduct for the event
which is available at https://readme.lrug.org/#code-of-conduct

There is one talk planned so far:

- "GitHub Actions: an introduction" by Gus Shaw Stewart

This means that, contrary to my confident assertion at April's meeting,
there is still space for *you* to talk. Why not do a trial run of the
brilliant euroku submission you're planning (their cfp closes at the end of
may) ? Please drop us a line at talks at lrug.org if you'd like to know more.

You can find full details for this talk, venue address etc at
https://lrug.org/meetings/2023/may/. While you're there you may notice the
amazing work Cecily Roland ( https://twitter.com/cecily_rowland ) has done
to scrape/backfill all the links to recordings going back to 2010 or so.
One of my old favourites is Paul Battley's talk on balanced ternary from
2017's lightning talk meeting ( https://lrug.org/meetings/2017/february/ ).
Perhaps you can spot a much younger version of your manager excitedly
talking about ruby 10+ years ago or find inspiration for your next LRUG talk

Cheers,

Fred