[LRUG] [ANN] August meeting details

Paolo Fabbri jabawack81 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 23:13:16 PDT 2023

Dear LRUG Members,

Woof-tastic news! The August 2023 LRUG meeting is fast approaching, beam is
hosting this month's event Join us on Monday, August 14th, from 6:00 PM to
8:00 PM at the Senna Building WeWork in Shoreditch for an evening filled
with exciting talks and great company.

Agenda Highlights:

🐶 BorrowMyDoggy: Connecting dogs and people
Speaker: Rikke Rosenlund
Discover the heartwarming story behind BorrowMyDoggy and how it has become
a well-known brand, bringing joy to countless dog owners and borrowers.

📚 Gain Insight with The Brick: Unveiling application data
Speaker: Lorin Thwaits
Explore the remarkable visibility provided by "The Brick," an open-source
gem that offers invaluable insights into your application's data structure.
Lorin, the mind behind The Brick, will guide us through its various use
cases and demonstrate how it can empower teams to architect, elaborate
upon, and support Rails applications with ease.

After the talks, we'll head to a local pub to unwind, share ideas, and
enjoy some delightful food and drinks. Let's keep the friendly and
inclusive atmosphere flowing throughout the evening, adhering to our code
of conduct.

Now, for a fun little anecdote about one of our fantastic members (they
know who they are 😉). Word has it that they've discovered a brilliant
productivity hack – enlisting the help of ChatGPT to craft this email! Talk
about embracing the wonders of technology in all its tail-wagging glory! 😏

So, whether you're a seasoned Rails developer or just starting with Ruby,
this meeting promises to be an exciting opportunity to learn, network, and
have a pawsitively great time!

Get ready to immerse yourself in the LRUG community, learn from Rikke and
Lorin's insightful talks, and meet fellow Ruby enthusiasts. We can't wait
to see you at the August LRUG meeting!

Stay pawsome and keep exploring,
Your LRUG Fetch Squad 🐾