[LRUG] [JOBS] Fix grocery shopping at Lollipop

Chris Parsons chris.p at rsons.org
Tue Mar 21 05:08:25 PDT 2023

Hi folks, hope everyone is doing well! We at Lollipop are on the hunt for a great senior software engineer, and immediately I thought of you 💛

We got going quickly with a vanilla Rails application stack serving a prototype web application to customers and, over time, we’ve moved to a Flutter mobile stack. Alongside the existing Ruby application, we’re expanding our Go platform to handle the heavy-lifting behind our more innovative features. You'll be our fourth founding engineer, joining our existing backend engineer and two mobile engineers to work on both the Ruby and Go platforms. Our product team is deliberately small (and exceptional) — we work very closely together, and everyone’s involved right from crazy idea to app store approval: no lobbing tickets over the wall!

More info about us: Lollipop is on a mission to change the trajectory of human and planetary health. We’re applying the experience our founders gained from helping to create businesses such as Monzo and Curve to build a smart shopping assistant to help you eat better effortlessly. We use clever tech and smart recipes to make your weekly shop better for your health, your budget and the planet. Besides Monzo and Curve, we’ve been at Carwow, Gousto, GitHub, BBC, Cookpad and Sainsbury’s and know what it takes to build products enjoyed by millions of people. We’re well-funded, having raised a £5 million seed round last year, and we’re taking off right now with thousands of households signing up every week, so it’s a great time to join. 🚀

Lots more info and links to apply are here: https://apply.workable.com/lollipopai/j/DD19337F57/ <https://apply.workable.com/lollipopai/j/DD19337F57/>

Let me know if you have any questions!

Chris