[LRUG] ⚒️ Freelancer (still) available for work!

Najaf Ali ali.najaf at gmail.com
Mon May 22 16:25:01 PDT 2023

Hi Jakub and everyone,

Yes, you're definitely not the only one in this situation. I of course
worry that maybe there's something wrong with me or my network in
particular but lots of people I don't know or meet at networking events are
also relating similar experiences.

I am at the begging for money from friends and family stage. Some people
I've spoken to think this lull will be over soon, others think it might
last for a year or more, and yet others believe it's a permanent shift in
the industry.

After a lot of advice and encouragement from friends I've decided (😱) to
software engineer. I'm talking to a handful of companies in Tokyo and the
salaries/work environments etc are not entirely terrible. No firm offers
yet but it's only been a week since I started shopping around in earnest.

All the best,

-Ali