[LRUG] ⚒️ Freelancer (still) available for work!

Jakub Adler adler.jakub at gmail.com
Fri May 12 03:42:06 PDT 2023

Hi Najaf,
Thank you for sharing.
I can see, that I'm not the only one in the same situation. I've
experienced the same. I remember a year ago when being in contract and
other years ago when working, being constantly contacted by recruiters
looking for RoR devs.
Now it's like a flat line. In the past few months, just a few opportunities
came across with rates below the standards. I was contacted mainly for the
perm roles. There are not many contracts right now tho.
I hope you and others find some jobs in the near future, but there might be
a possibility that it will go worse, as we might be on the verge of
a huge recession. Not sure what is your point of view. Personally, in this
"winter" time, I'm focusing on improving my skills and building some side
hustle, and trying to identify opportunities coming out of nowadays
situations.
I'm considering building some services that will generate some side income,
like plugins, or services related to Shopify as it is a hugely used online
sell platform.
Let me know (and maybe others), what you think about that.
I wish you the best of luck. Don't give up.
Take care

Kind regards
Jacob