[LRUG] October meeting - help needed (talks & venue)

Murray Steele murray.steele at lrug.org
Thu Sep 21 02:27:35 PDT 2023

Hi folks,

Our October meeting is scheduled for Monday 9th and we need some help!

Firstly our venue has had to pull out for good reasons so while we hope to
visit them at a future meeting, we’re left without a venue for the meeting.

Do you have space in your office to accomodate us, and can you arrange it
this short notice?

Secondly, we only have one potential talk lined up although it’s not
confirmed yet.  Would you like to share something with the group? Perhaps a
review of a conferenfe you’ve attended recently?  Perhaps you’ve been
poking at rails 7.1 and can give us a run through of the upcoming
features?  Perhaps you’ve discovered something unexpected in the API of
some gem and want to explain it to us?  Whatever it is, we’d love to hear
it.  Get in touch - talks at lrug.org and we’ll help you turn the idea into a
talk in whatever way you need.

You can sign up already if you’d like -
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/london-ruby-user-group-october-2023-meeting-tickets-699977691117?aff=oddtdtcreator
-
although there is no full detail on what you’re signing up for yet!

Obviously, this email is of most urgence for our october meeting, but we do
need a venue for November (Monday 13th) and in the new year, and we
_always_ need talks.  So we’d love to hear from you even if you can’t help
for October.

Cheers,

Murray & the rest of the organising team