[LRUG] [ANN] February meeting details - talks still needed

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 15:42:41 PST 2024

Pleased to announce another 3 talks for the meeting.

* “Co-locate your template & javascript code with Phlex & AlpineJS for a
happy developer!” by Martin Tomov
* “Be More GARY: How to up your RSpec Game” by Scott Matthewman
* “Making games with ruby” by Paolo Fabbri

Something for everyone I hope you agree.  We hope to have one last talk to
confirm before next Monday (12th Feb), so it’s going to be a bumper night.

As ever, full details are on https://lrug.org/meetings/2024/february/ and
you can secure your place by registering at
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/london-ruby-user-group-february-2024-meeting-tickets-699978242767

Cheers,

Murray & the rest of the organising team

On Wed, 31 Jan 2024 at 22:11, Murray Steele <murray.steele at lrug.org> wrote:

> Reminder that Monday 12th Feb is our next meeting and it’s our annual
> lightning talks extravaganza.  Full details at
> https://lrug.org/meetings/2024/february and registraion is via
> https://www.eventbrite.com/e/london-ruby-user-group-february-2024-meeting-tickets-699978242767
>
> Currently we’re at 5 talks as we have just added:
>
> "Co-locate your template & javascript code with Phlex & AlpineJS for a
> happy developer!” by Martin Tomov
>
> We’ve room for 8 so there’s still space for a few more.  Secure your time
> in the spotlight by getting in touch with us on talks at lrug.org.  Note
> that for those scared of bright lights, unless Funding Circle have
> drastically upgraded their venue since we were there last, there is no
> _actual_ spotlight - don’t let that put you off!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Murray & the rest of the organising team
>
> On Tue, 23 Jan 2024 at 14:37, Murray Steele <murray.steele at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Another topic idea, should anyobe have experience or wnat to spend a
>> couple of weeks exploring it.  Dragon Ruby game toolkit seems interesting
>> and neat.  I would love to hear a little bit about it.
>>
>> It also happens to be free right now for the duration of the global game
>> jam https://itch.io/s/115645/dragonruby-free-for-global-game-jam-2024 -
>> perfect time to grab a copy and explore!
>>
>> On Thu, 18 Jan 2024 at 22:01, Murray Steele <murray.steele at lrug.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Pleased to annouce some details for our February meeting.  It’s on
>>> Monday 12th February from 6:30pm (doors at 6pm) until 8pm.  We’re being
>>> hosted by Funding Circle in their offices near Bank tube station on Queen
>>> Victoria Street.
>>>
>>> As ever, February is our annual lightning talks evening where all the
>>> talks are no more than 10 minutes long.  So far we have 4 talks lined up
>>> for you:
>>>
>>> * "Data pagination for jekyll-paginate-v2” by Jay Caines-Gooby
>>> * "Using devcontainers with Ruby” by Jonathan James
>>> * "Contract testing between Ruby applications” by Katya Essina & Sarah
>>> O’Grady
>>> * "What is ruby really capable of?” by fell sunderland
>>>
>>> You can find more info on these talks at
>>> https://lrug.org/meetings/2024/february/ where you'll also find full
>>> venue and registration details.
>>>
>>> The keen number crunchers among you will have worked out that four 10
>>> minute talks won’t fill the 90 minutes we have for the meeting.  So, yes,
>>> we’re still looking for more talks, and that could be you and three of your
>>> friends!
>>>
>>> If you’re stuck for ideas there’s plenty of things you could spend the
>>> tnext couple of weeks investigating to report back in 10 minutes.  How
>>> about:
>>>
>>> 1. What’s new in rails 7.1
>>> 2. What’s new in ruby 3.3
>>> 3. What were your highlights from conference talks in 2023