[LRUG] [JOBS] Strong mid - senior Ruby on Rails Dev

Thayer Prime thayer at team-prime.com
Tue Feb 6 01:57:24 PST 2024

tl;dr
* £65,000-£75,000 exp dependant
* Shoreditch, London - 3 days on site minimum, 2 from home/elsewhere,
non negotiable. No compressed hours.
* no visa sponsorship
* small agency (just under 10 folks) doing "make the world better"
product work (not marketing)
* been going over 10 years, no rocket ships here - just a solid,
stable business (phew)
* 50/50 women/men dev team
* excellent, capable, kind c-level folks, which trust me, makes all
the difference

Longer:

My lovely client is a digital product agency in London. They say, "Our
clients aim to positively impact the world, and we help them bring
their products and services to life. Founded in 2013, we’ve grown
organically each year since we started this journey, and have a solid
roster of clients who love working with us."

# The role
We are looking for a full stack Ruby on Rails engineer who loves
working with people and code alike. Your role is to make a meaningful
impact in society by delivering modern, beautiful applications. You
should have solid, general software development skills, and 5+ years
commercial experience as a software engineer. You should have some
experience with Ruby on Rails, and be excited about the possibility of
working on all aspects of the software development cycle from
architecture, estimating, coding and testing through to deployment,
maintenance and refactoring.

You’ll help head up our clients’ development projects and write
high-quality, reusable code whilst also sharing your knowledge and
expertise with the rest of the team to help them do the
same. You will also contribute technical expertise throughout the
project life cycle. This means you might be breaking down and
estimating projects, testing, deploying and performing support &
maintenance tasks.

If you’re entrepreneurial in spirit and are keen to join a nimble team
where you’ll be challenged and can make your mark, this role is a
perfect fit. And if you’re passionate about developing
junior engineers, there’s an opportunity to help with this too.

# Benefits
We offer a range of benefits to help you balance personal growth, work and life:

* 25 days holiday + bank holidays
* all the tools you need - a high-spec Macbook, peripherals and
ergonomic equipment
* health insurance and subsidised gym membership
* enhanced pension scheme
* cycle to work scheme
* season ticket loan
* beautiful, airy, fancy office in Spitalfields, London alongside
other London-based members of the team
* strong focus on personal development (a development plan, regular
1:1s, and reviews)
* time set aside to look after our open source projects
* generous personal training/conference/materials budget
* regular team meetups in London

# Experience and skills
You will need experience with the following:

* Ruby and Ruby on Rails
* React or another modern JavaScript frontend framework
* SQL
* Working with relational databases
* Managing Linux servers
* Version control with Git
* Test-Driven Development / writing integration tests
* Agile development methodologies, Scrum, XP, and/or Kanban
* Experience of delivering projects
* Familiarity with architectural and design patterns
* Good understanding of front-end development (HTML and JavaScript frameworks)
* Ability to debug technical issues and solve problems effectively

If you got this far then sounds like you're keen or know someone who
is :) Great stuff - drop me a line on thayer at team-prime.com I can let
you know who the company is, and set up a call to discuss interview
process (3-4 stages - two video, two onsite. Interviews starting
Thursday 15th, and aim to be concluded end of Feb with a view to
starting first week April) and answer any questions and chat you
through the team and clients.

Team Prime are proud the exclusive recruiter for this client, who
we've worked with before and highly recommend.

Cheers,
Thayer