[LRUG] Presentations for July meeting

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 09:43:15 PDT 2006

I seem to remember that at the lat meeting at least one person seemed
non-horrified at the prospect of integrating Java and ruby.  I'm sure I
could waffle for 5-10 mins on the subject if anyone wanted to hear me.

It'd be about using YAJB (http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/yajb/) as when I
needed to do something JRuby was just prior to that "One more big sprint to
the get-rails-running-on-it-finish-line" and I dismissed it out of hand for
appearing to be less good.  Also JRuby gives you Ruby scripting inside Java
(as compared to YAJB which is access to Java from Ruby) and in my newly
fitted rubyist hat I deemed that to be A Bad Thing.

Anyway, anyone care?