[LRUG] LRUG site ideas

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 11:39:38 PST 2006

I think a variant of Paul's logo works more than Richard's logo (sorry
Rich).  Paul's, by being more stylized, will translate to other media easier
(t-shirts, laptop bags, stitched-onto the breast pocket of polo-shirts,
pencil cases, oyster card holders, cuddly toys, spray-painted onto Harley
Davidson's etc...).  As to the variants on offer, I prefer Paul's original
to the two offered variants, altho' there is definite merit in accenting the
facet-ness of the gem a little bit more somehow.

As to Rich's design I like it, but think I agree with James, I'm not sure we
should be *so* close to the ruby-lang site?  Altho' anyone who has had the
misfortune to visit my site should probably disregard everything I say about
design.

Muz