[LRUG] London Web Week

Sam Livingston-Gray geeksam at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 13:40:52 PDT 2008

>  Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 21:10:36 +0100
>  From: "Murray Steele" <murray.steele at gmail.com>
>
>  It's been announced: http://www.londonwebweek.co.uk/
>
>  Whilst doing the dishes (I'm so rock and roll) I had an idea for an event
>  that might fit in with LWW.  I freely admit that it might be awful or overly
>  complex but please bear with me.

[Heh.  He said 'whilst.'  *So* British!]

>  Web Framework Code-off!

[snip]

>  Note - there's nothing about this idea that demands the frameworks be
>  ruby-based.  We could easily open this up to involve the other language user
>  groups.
>
>  Does this even sound remotely like a thing people would want to participate
>  in or attend?

Well, I'm on the west coast of the US, so participation is out -- but
I'd absolutely love to see the results.  The code could be published
as a sort of Rosetta Stone for web frameworks.  Though I wonder
whether you'd get better results if people used their framework of
choice, or if they had to use a framework they didn't know...

-Sam