[LRUG] off-topic: embedded mp3 player, how to?

Ed Davey ed at veryreal.co.uk
Thu May 8 05:19:24 PDT 2008

Thanks - I'd be interested in learning of your experiences in due
course.

For now I'm using the $30 wimpyplayer flash player (http://
www.wimpyplayer.com/). This is loaded into an invisible frame so that
playback isn't interrupted as you navigate around the site.
wimpyplayer has a basic javascript api allowing you to load playlists
and control the player at a basic level using js.

So I've got what I needed which was a) complete control of the player
interface and b) continuous playback whilst loading new pages.

Of course the use of a frameset is nasty but I couldn't see how to
avoid it in this case.

ED