[LRUG] Action

Vahagn Hayrapetyan vahagnh at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 03:27:25 PDT 2009

Aha,

it looks like I'm the one who has mucked it up this time. This last mail
called "Action" was actually a draft, and something that I was only
considering about posting to the forum. One inattentive second, and the
wrong button gets clicked...

I am aware that most you are too busy to sit and answer Big Questions posted
by me, so I don't expect this discussion to snowball like the previous one.
(Also, "corporate assholes" may have been a bit strong - I apologize. That
wasn't directed at anyone in particular but is a stereotype, much like
"geek" is a stereotype).

However, now that this post *is* out, I'll do the right thing: Agree with
Chris :-)))

We need to work on building face to face relationships with clients, as
> that's the main thing that gets lost through offshoring.

That, plus industry-wide campaigning for standards and best practices I
think. I like to draw a parallel between our situation and the Web Standards
project - I doubt we can raise awareness as a group / category of developers
without some creative ways of promoting our message.

Oh, and England will win the World Cup.

Whatever you say :-)

/ Vahagn