[LRUG] Job Ads

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 04:51:20 PDT 2009

It's a fairly standard procedure for the more morally challenged agencies to
look for popular job postings online and then reword / anonymise them
slightly and repost.  If you reesponded to their version of the job they'd
probably say "oh, that role has been filled, but what about these other
ones?".  These posts are simply bait to pull in new CVs so they have you on
file and can push you out to other similar roles they might actually get.

As an emplyer, you probably won't employ these sorts of agencies, but the
agency that you do use might by farming out to them to provide an initial
list of candidates.

Muz