[LRUG] iPhone App & Ruby Book Giveaway and London PreDevCamp

Sebastian Komianos sebkom at grubies.gr
Fri Apr 17 10:11:39 PDT 2009

Ok guys, sorry for the non-ruby email but I was wondering if you could help
the guys from PreDevCamp (http://london.predevcamp.org/) regarding a venue
issue. PreDevCamp is a DevCamp for Palm Pre, which will take place around a
week after Palm Pre is released. It is estimated that there will be around
30 attendees but the guys have some difficulties regarding the venue. I
thought about Skills Matter and since you hold your MeetUps there I was
wondering if there is a possibility that they could give one of their rooms
for the DevCamp to be held. Do they rent their rooms or do they give them
for free, asking for some kind of advertisment?

Second non-ruby thing is an application for iPhone, QuadCamera
(http://artandmobile.com/quadcamera/). Basically, I won a contest but the
promo code is for the US iTunes Store so I can't use it. Do any of you want
it? Send me a direct email (sebkom at grubies.gr) if so.

Last but not least, I have one ruby book to give away for free. It's Chris
Pine's "Learn to Program"
(http://www.pragprog.com/titles/ltp2/learn-to-program-2nd-edition) and
although it's the first edition, I found it a really good book to begin
with. Maybe we can hold a contest and give it as one of the prizes. Up to
you.

Thank you very much in advance,
Sebastian

--