[LRUG] Setting up Ruby + Gems + Rails on OS X

Tim Cowlishaw tim at timcowlishaw.co.uk
Wed Dec 9 03:07:47 PST 2009

at the moment Homebrew, with Ruby Enterprise Edition installed through
it, and gems installed through REE's rubygems  into /usr/local
(chmodded so that i don't have to sudo for any installations with
homebrew or gems). I really can't recommend homebrew highly enough,
btw. It's young, but very stable, and trivial to add packages for
software that doesn't currently have an installation recipe.

Cheers,

Tim