[LRUG] Recurring Payments and subscriptions

Neil Middleton neil.middleton at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 15:28:14 PDT 2010

Hi all,

We're looking at building an application that uses the regular subscriptions
model a la Basecamp or similar (I'm sure you all know the model I mean).
 Question is, what approach has people taken in the past?

Being in the UK it seems that our options are substantially more limited
than those in the US, but there are a few options.

We could use something like Recurly, or Cheddargetter with a service such as
Paypal, or we could and try and roll our own billing system that talks
direct to somewhere like SecureTrading - both of which require vastly
different levels of effort, and provide vastly different pros and cons.

So, who's done something like this before and how did you do it (and with
who)?   Does anyone have any direct experience of this stuff?

--
Neil Middleton