[LRUG] Outsourcing

Matthew Rudy Jacobs matthewrudyjacobs at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 06:51:15 PST 2012

On 5 January 2012 14:38, Rob Anderson <
rob.anderson at paymentcardsolutions.co.uk> wrote:

> I think Ruby is easy (even pleasant) to learn as a language, and even
> easier to cross-train to if you have experience in other languages.

Ruby is easy to learn as a language.

But the power it gives you (for relatively little investment) often doesn't
scale up for large projects.

Those choices you make at the start which are semantic and nice
often come to bite you in the bum after a year or so of development.

I'm happy to add a newbie to my team,
but without the right experienced architects leading the way
you're going to run into long-term problems.

(luckily I've already made those mistakes a few years ago, so I know what
to avoid)

"easy to learn, hard to master"