[LRUG] Dependancy Inversion Links

Anthony Green anthony.green at bbc.co.uk
Mon May 14 23:40:43 PDT 2012

Following up last nights talk and my comments with some links:

GOOS
http://www.growing-object-oriented-software.com
Insights into DI, Constructor Injection, Setter Injection, peers,
collaborators

Integration Tests Are a Scam
http://www.infoq.com/presentations/integration-tests-scam
J. B. Rainsberger introduces the notion of collaboration tests and
contract tests to as an extension to GOOS-style mocking of dependencies

Three Test Shapes
https://www.destroyallsoftware.com/screencasts/catalog/three-test-shapes
Gary Bernhardt demonstrates some heuristics for designing tests that use
mocks

Dependency Injection in Ruby
http://onestepback.org/index.cgi/Tech/Ruby/DependencyInjectionInRuby.rdoc
Jim Weirich reflects some of the same comments that were raised last
night "Dependency injection provides vital flexibility in Java and
unneeded overhead in Ruby"
http://blip.tv/rubynation/jim-weirich-3672101
Jim's presentation at Ruby Nation 2011 on SOLID touches on DI toward the
end and suggest we should think about these things as protocols more
than interfaces

--

Anthony Green
Media Playout