[LRUG] [Workflow] Getting a Pull Request from creation to merge

Tim Cowlishaw tim at timcowlishaw.co.uk
Mon Aug 19 06:18:13 PDT 2013

On 19 August 2013 14:02, George Sheppard <george at fuzzmonkey.co.uk> wrote:

> Don't wait until you're finished to open the PR. I tend to open one early on
> so other people are free to look through my code as they please. It also
> makes it easier to ask people to have a look over something you're not sure
> on. If you get feedback early rather than waiting until the end, you run
> less risk of the 'have you seen gem X' or 'try using this approach' feedback
> that can lead to delays while you refactor all the things.

I've heard from other people about this approach, and I really like it
in principle. However, given you've opened a PR early (presumably
before the branch is ready to be merged), how do you then signal to
the rest of the team that a PR is ready to be merged, rather than just
'in progress'? Via comments  or something more formal?

Thanks,

Tim