[LRUG] [JOBS] Senior Ruby Developer at Econsultancy, London

Matthew O'Riordan matthew.oriordan at econsultancy.com
Wed May 29 08:18:31 PDT 2013

I'm looking for a Senior Developer to join the team at Econsultancy (http://econsultancy.com).  We work mostly with Ruby and Rails but you’ll also need to work with HTML, CSS, Javascript on the front end and use puppet/capistrano to configure/deploy to our EC2 servers.

We're a small, talented team working in a lovely office right by Farringdon station, London. You’ll get to pick your weapons of choice (laptop, screen accessories) and to work on a Rails site which uses a whole range of technologies (http://econsultancy.com/uk/about/tech) to serve hundreds of thousands of visitors every month. We're currently embarking on an exciting new project to launch V2 of our website, taking all the digital best practice we're so vocal about in our reports (http://econsultancy.com/uk/reports) and our blog (http://econsultancy.com/uk/blog), to deliver something amazing online across both mobile and the web. You'll also get to work for a company that cares about it's staff, keeps sensible working hours and arranges plenty of social events throughout the year.

WHAT WE'D LIKE FROM A NEW MEMBER TO OUR TEAM

You’re passionate about programming and want to learn more. You've got a good few years experience programming in Ruby under your belt and would enjoy learning from, leading and mentoring other members of the team. You're interested in exploring ways to tackle the complexity that comes with a large, mature Rails app, and excited to be involved in implementing new technologies and tools that we'll need for the second evolution of our website.

You'll be expected to

	• Help design and architect new features
	• Argue about the right way to do things
	• Work closely with others to help develop features
	• Take ownership and help test, release and maintain the code you write
	• Research new technologies for us to use

ABOUT ECONSULTANCY

Econsultancy is a community where the world's digital marketing and ecommerce professionals meet to sharpen their strategy, source suppliers, get quick answers, compare notes, help each other out and discover how to doeverything better online.

	• We believe the Internet is the world’s biggest sandbox, chemistry set and battleground (http://econsultancy.com/uk/labs)
	• We believe it’s an incredibly exciting time to work in digital
	• We believe that a community of people openly sharing their experiences is the very best way to improve the web for everyone.
	• We believe in hiring smart people who are passionate about digital.

To get a sense of where we've come from, take a look at this video we put together a year or two ago http://vimeo.com/29033435

APPLYING

If you live in London, or are within a commutable distance of London, please write to rubyjobs at econsultancy.com and tell us why you'd be a great addition to our team.

Thanks,