[LRUG] ADVICE

Agustin Viñao agustinvinao at gmail.com
Fri May 24 08:01:36 PDT 2013

Hi all, first a short introduction of me to try to make clear my point of
view of all this:

I've signed up to LRUG more or less a month ago, I'm a ruby programmer
since 2008. I'm currently working for a USA company and another from
Belgium.

Some time ago I have the idea to go to UK, meet the local comunnity, see
how the things are there, yeap, i'm not from UK, im from Argentina, a far
far away country from South America, maybe someone heard about this place
and some others haven't.

My idea was go to London for 6 months, continue working with my current
employer, but, some companies starts to send me some job offers or contact
me. I don't have a UE citizenship I need a VISA sponsor to work in the UK
most of the offers I couldn't apply.

And here starts my nightmare to filter jobs offers, contacts, etc. I know
this is no an easy step for anyone, not for a company, not for me, etc. But
the point i was trying to explain here is that I see many jobs offers in UK
but I don't see the necessary amount of Ruby programmers. The weakest point
in this math is still trying to fit that amount of jobs with the same
people.

It's like trying to cover more than two holes with your hands, but there
are only two hands.

I think the UK's market needs a way to make an easier way to let a new
programmer's join the community.  it's a very important point to get the
best programmers in your company, but I think there are many good
programmers who can go to UK to work.

Generally, all VISAS sponsorship are for bigger companies, and not easy for
new companies, or entrepreneur layer.

I hope this can add a new point to try to solve this topic.

Agustin Viñao

*Paradox*: Life is a mystery. Don't waste time trying to figure it out. / *
Humor*: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength
beyond all measure. / *Change*: Know that nothing stays the same.
Web Developer - Ruby - Ruby On Rails - T.D.D.

m: agustinvinao at gmail.com
g+: http://profiles.google.com/agustinvinao
l: http://ar.linkedin.com/in/agustinvinao
t: http://twitter.com/agustinvinao