[LRUG] [JOBS] First full-time engineering hire at Lavanda
guy at getlavanda.com
Tue May 10 07:51:18 PDT 2016
My company, Lavanda <http://getlavanda.com/>, is on the hunt for our first
full-time engineering hire. Based in London, this is a really exciting
opportunity for a Mid-Senior developer to join a business that's growing
fast and put their stamp on something big.
We've got further plans to scale up the engineering team over the months
Information below. If anyone is interested in finding out more then please
do feel free to reach out to me directly. Delighted to chat about the
opportunity. Alternatively you can apply here
Lavanda is a UK “proptech” startup shaping the future of property
management by putting the sharing economy at its beating heart.
We believe that Airbnb is fundamentally changing the way people discover,
rent and even buy property. Our comprehensive, hassle-free service now
ensures a safe, accessible, welcoming and rewarding experience for guests
and host alike.
Whether you’re an owner-occupier, a second home owner or a buy-to-let
investor, Lavanda combines technology and value-added services to optimise
your rental yield. By wrapping your property in our luxury hospitality
experience and offering it as a short or mid-term rental, we boost the
desirability of your property and maximise occupancy throughout the year.
We’re now looking for a Mid-Senior Full-stack Engineer to join the team.
This is a unique opportunity to be the first engineering hire in a
fast-paced, high potential startup that’s growing fast! You’ll have total
ownership over the design and strategic direction of our product, laying
down the foundations for the technology stack that sits at the heart of
You’ll be joining a passionate and agile team that’s totally committed to
enabling and supporting Lavanda’s growth and will share our burning desire
to build a product and service that can change the world. You’ll be hungry
to support your lovely colleagues by churning out features that genuinely
move the needle and have a meaningful impact on the business.
- *Best practice* - you’re driven to research and employ best practice
approaches to your work. You should be able to demonstrate how you use
continuous deployment, continuous integration, TDD/ BDD in your work
- *Collaboration* - you value communication with the wider team and are
able to tailor your language and approach to articulate your thoughts
clearly and with confidence.
- *"Can do” attitude* - when faced with a business or technical obstacle
you will not run and hide. You should be able to describe the issues you’ve
encountered, your approach to solving them and your final solution.
- *Inquisitive* - you should live and breath tech. You tinker in new
tech on your side projects and are able to identify tools and techniques
that could benefit your commercial project.
- *Prioritising* - you’re completely comfortable switching between
tactical and strategic solutions, based on the short and long term needs of
the business and the product.
- *Solution focus* - architectural design is important, but you are able
to balance this with the need to deliver quality solutions and experiences
for our different user groups.
- 3+ years experience in a similar role, delivering product and services
using an Agile methodology. Ideally in a startup environment.
- Significant professional full-stack experience with a focus on API
integration, test-driven development and mobile-first thinking.
years experience of these.
- Familiarity with one or more major front-end frameworks like React.js,
Angular, or Ember paired with an appreciation of the strengths and weakness
for a given solution.
- Familiarity with one or more major back-end frameworks like Ruby on
Rails, Sinatra or Express paired with an appreciation of the strengths and
weakness for a given solution.
- A history of delivering robust, maintainable multi-channel
- Experience of strong collaboration with other engineering disciplines
£Competitive + generous equity package
- Unlimited opportunity for career progression within the business.
- Awesome Soho/Central London office location for easy commuting, but
with the option to work remotely as and when you wish.
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Remote working accommodated as necessary.
- A highly motivated, friendly team who all believe passionately in the
company’s vision and mission. We have a culture of respect combined with
high expectations of one another.
- £2,000 equipment budget on joining (to spend on any tech toys that you
Thanks for taking the time to read all this...
Co-founder & CEO
t: +44 (0)203 823 6160
m: +44 (0)754 590 4381
e: guy at getlavanda.com
*Know anyone who'd like to earn more from their property? Introduce them to
Lavanda and earn up to £500. Ask me for further information.*
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Chat