[LRUG] [ANN] January meeting details

Murray Steele murray.steele at lrug.org
Mon Dec 18 14:02:34 PST 2017

Hi all,

Our January 2018 meeting will be on Monday 8th of January.  We’re running a
general knowledge style quiz.  There’ll be 4 rounds:

1. London
2. Ruby
3. User
4. Group

There’ll also be a picture round handout to complete based on these 4
themes too.  Teams should be 4 people.  It’d be nice if you could refrain
from using the internet to look up the answers during the quiz (maybe
there’ll be bonus points available for reporting cheaters!).  There’ll be
prizes - at least we hope so - do get in touch with sponsors at lrug.org if
you can help with this!

It’ll be in the same venue as usual: Skills Matter’s Code Node between
Liverpool St and Moorgate stations.  We’ll start around 6:30, but the venue
will be open from 6pm, and we should be done with the quiz and prize giving
by about 8pm.

You can read more details about the format and rules here:
http://lrug.org/meetings/2018/january/ - we’ll also update this page with
the details of the prizes as we get them.

If this sounds like a good way to start your year then you should:

1. Read our code-of-conduct: http://readme.lrug.org/#code-of-conduct
2. Register with our hosts:
https://skillsmatter.com/meetups/10481-lrug-pub-quiz-night

Looking forward to seeing you all in January to help us kick off 2018!

Cheers,

Murray