[LRUG] [JOBS] Ruby and front-end developers at FutureLearn

Tom Stuart tom.stuart at futurelearn.com
Wed Mar 1 09:36:14 PST 2017

Hi LRUG,

Per my earlier message [1], FutureLearn is still hiring Ruby developers of all experience levels to help us build our Rails app, which we use to deliver free online learning around the world. We also have new positions for front-end developers, which might suit you better if you’re more full-stack inclined.

Here are links with all the details:

Ruby Developers — https://futurelearn-ltd.workable.com/jobs/406671
Front-End Developers — https://futurelearn-ltd.workable.com/jobs/439336

As I said last time, you should join us for the same reason that I joined a few months ago: it’s a good place to work. We pay fair, competitive salaries; we work flexible hours and are serious about encouraging a healthy work/life balance; we anonymise job applications to help us evaluate them on ability and potential rather than unconscious bias; we solve difficult and interesting problems for our users; we make an effort to build software in a sensible way, and communicate openly about how to get better at doing that.

If you have any questions about either role, please email jobs at futurelearn.com and we’ll do our best to answer them.

Cheers,
-Tom

[1] http://lists.lrug.org/pipermail/chat-lrug.org/2017-January/011847.html