[LRUG] [JOBS] Full time senior RoR role in East London

Elliott Brown elliott.brown at num.uk
Fri Dec 14 07:40:47 PST 2018

Hi LRUG,

I’m looking for a full time Ruby on Rails expert to lead development of the web app for my startup NUM.

Type: Full Time Permanent
Salary: £50-70k + equity
Location: Canary Wharf, London
Remote: No, sorry

Namespace Uniform Media (NUM) is a DNS-based protocol to store and retrieve contact information. It’s an effort to make company contact information open, structured and machine readable by storing it in the DNS.

NUM makes it possible for users to dial domain names instead of telephone numbers, Tweet to domains, enter domains into satnavs … you get the idea. Kind of like the DNS for everything except IP addresses. It doesn’t suffer from the dreaded "chicken and egg problem” like you might expect and doesn’t require any changes to the DNS infrastructure, hardware, clients or resolvers.

This simple demo video shows how a user can retrieve all of Aviva’s contact information from the DNS:
https://vimeo.com/267571944/dfc2481297

NUM isn’t an app or service, it's a protocol that apps and services can be built on top of (the link above is a very basic demo). However, we need a Rails developer to build a web app so that companies can add and manage their contact information in DNS.

We were recently awarded a substantial government innovation grant and have just closed a seed round, now we're looking to build our team. We are based in a private office at Level39 (https://www.level39.co) – it’s a great community with free freshly made cookies every day at 3pm and regular socials.

We’re looking for employee #4 or #5 so there’s a great opportunity to influence company culture and methods.

If you’re interested, or know someone that might be, I would be very happy to answer questions by email or phone.

If you like what we’re working on but you’re not currently available for a full time role please get in touch if you would like to be involved in some other way.

Thanks for your time guys, I’ve not been to an LRUG event for a year or more but hope to come along to an event early in the 2019.

Best wishes,

Elliott Brown
NUM