[LRUG] [JOBS] Which? Back end developer (2 x permanent, London NW1)

Richard Else richard.else at which.co.uk
Thu Jan 4 08:28:24 PST 2018

We are hiring Junior and Mid-level developers for our back end team.  We
predominantly use *Ruby, Ruby on Rails, ElasticSearch, Redis, MySQL, Docker
and AWS *but there are opportunities to work with other languages and
technologies too. Like all organisations, we have a mix of project work and
maintenance/service delivery. We are re-building our Elderly Care site in
2018, improving our global search and exploring the opportunities presented
by new platforms (CMS, CRM, IdAM). Integrating and leveraging these
platforms is key to making the most of our data, and shaping some really
compelling and intuitive user journeys.

The Engineering team is currently 18 strong and set to grow. We are a
friendly and supportive team, and sharing knowledge and collaboration are
core team values; we will expect you to contribute your own ideas and
expertise at all stages and support your development. Where possible we
pair program on user stories, and work closely with UX, BA and Product
which guarantees that our approach is user centred and joined up. Find out
more about us on our blog; https://whichdigitalblog.com/

We believe in getting the best out of people, and our newly refurbished
modern working environment is relaxed and friendly (including fresh fruit,
subsidised canteen, great facilities for cyclists and lunchtime runners,
and one free healthy lunch and breakfast a week). There are excellent
benefits including 28 days annual leave, private healthcare, and award
winning pension scheme (and the usuals...flexible working, Cycle to Work,
season ticket loan scheme, childcare vouchers, etc.) We even have a private
section of Regent’s park which is handy for hot summers and team building
events!

We have just kicked off an ambitious three year digital transformation
programme across the organisation, and the team will play a key role in
helping the business grow revenue, acquisition, and drive campaign led
advocacy. You probably know us for our trusted Reviews website (
https://www.which.co.uk/), but our mission is to help our users make
informed choices about all aspects of their life; from choosing the best
university (https://university.which.co.uk/)  to the best tradesman (
https://trustedtraders.which.co.uk/), from the right birth centre (
https://www.which.co.uk/birth-choice/) to the best elderly care (
https://www.which.co.uk/elderly-care)...to name a few. Whatever we do, it’s
with the aim of making consumers as powerful as the organisations they deal
with.

If you’re interested in finding out more or want to apply please contact
nadia.tottman at which.co.uk with the job level, a recent CV (including links
to github and/or portfolio site) or apply via LinkedIn (Junior:
https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/549219949/ , Mid:
https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/512103990/) If you’re interested in
joining the team as a Junior, we will be holding a recruitment session for
successful applicants on the 23rd January 2018.

Both roles are based at our Head Office - Which?, 2 Marlyebone Road,
London, NW1 4DF (https://goo.gl/JojSQC) - and whilst we operate flexible
working, including working from home, 100% remote working is not an option
for these roles.

--
*For more than 60 years Which? has been giving expert independent advice to
consumers. We're here for you for life – for every time you need to make a

CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE
This communication contains information that is confidential and may also
be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If
you are not the intended recipient please note that any distribution,
copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly
prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please notify us
by email or by telephone (020 7770 7000) and then delete the email and any
copies of it.

Which? is the business name of Which? Limited, registered in England and
Wales No. 677665. Registered office: 2 Marylebone Road, London NW1 4DF.