[LRUG] [JOBS] Developer at the Royal Academy of Arts

Michael Harris michael.harris at royalacademy.org.uk
Fri Jan 5 02:41:41 PST 2018

We’re looking for a ruby developer to join our team of 6.  We’re part of a 250 year organisation but run the tech team like a small modern startup with all the usual tools and processes.  We look after a bunch of services and apps ranging from the main website (a custom rails build) through to account and membership services.  The team is currently building a tool to manage artworks that are lent to the RA to be displayed in exhibitions.  Last year we worked on digitising our collection and built a canvas based explorer.  Our code is deployed on AWS using Chef / Capistrano.  We’re looking for someone with ruby / rails experience and some interest in infrastructure.

Some of the team will be at LRUG on Monday the 8th – we’re hoping not to come last in the quiz.  Feel free to come and chat to us and ask any questions or send over an email if you need more info.

Mike
michael.harris at royalacademy.org.uk

There’s more info in the full job advert here: https://jobs.theguardian.com/job/6638373/developer-ruby-/

Michael Harris
Technical Lead

Royal Academy of Arts

[https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/royal-academy/emails/RA-250.png]<https://www.royalacademy.org.uk/ra250>

Find us online
royalacademy.org.uk<https://www.royalacademy.org.uk/?utm_source=outlook&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=STAFF%20%7C%20RA250%20%7C%20footer&utm_term=20170309>

Royal Academy of Arts, Burlington House, Piccadilly, London W1J 0BD

The Royal Academy of Arts is a registered charity under Registered Charity Number 1125383 and is also registered as a company limited by guarantee in England and Wales under Company Number 6298947. Registered office: Burlington House, Piccadilly, London, W1J 0BD.