[LRUG] [ANN] February meeting details

Murray Steele murray.steele at lrug.org
Wed Jan 24 13:28:32 PST 2018

Hi folks,

Our annual lightning talks evening is our next meeting on Monday 12th
February.  As usual we’re hosted by the kind folks at Skills Matter at
their venue Code Node between Liverpool St and Moorgate stations.  The
doors open at 6pm, we’ll start the meeting at 6:30pm and we should be done
with the formal proceedings by 8pm.

We have space for 8 talks, 5 of which are listed below, and the remaining 3
we hope to confirm in the next few days.  Lined up so far are:

* “The Human Cost of Messy Code” by Adrian Booth
* “Search Relevancy” by Rosa Fox
* “_why Symbol#to_proc works and more” by Simon George
* “Software Development – a view from the Boardroom” by Alan Buxton
* “Introduction to Active Storage” by Dan Kim

More details on the talks and meeting in general available on our site at:
http://lrug.org/meetings/2018/february/

If you’d like to attend you should:

1. Familiarise yourself with our code-of-conduct at
http://readme.lrug.org#code-of-conduct so you know how we expect you  and
other attendees to behave
2. Register for a place with our hosts at
https://skillsmatter.com/meetups/10571-lrug-february - if you don’t they
might not let you in, or if they do you won’t have a seat and will have to
stand

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

See you on the 12th!

Cheers,

Murray