[LRUG] [Event] Isle of Ruby - CFP and tickets - correction

Alex Coles alex at alexbcoles.com
Mon Mar 12 13:11:59 PDT 2018

Hi all,

Thanks for letting me do the short announcement at LRUG tonight.

There are a couple of slides that accompany the announcement here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BRTKsLdClvm8F0l78VDrEePw-5xuzQQd/view?usp=sharing
We’ve now announced (nearly) all speakers, along with our Masters of
Ceremonies, Justine Arreche and Konstantin Haase. As we’ve been a bit
slow to finalise the lineup and get the word out about the conference,
we’re running a short ticket sale:
Our 48 hour ticket sale began at 4pm offering 10% off all conference
passes. On top of it, we have an even better discount for LRUG
attendees:
- Use discount code LRUG to get 15% of all passes until 4pm on
  Wednesday:  https://ti.to/isleofruby/2018-edition/discount/lrug
- Thereafter, you can still get a 5% discount with the code LRUG5:
  https://ti.to/isleofruby/2018-edition/discount/lrug5
Follow us on Twitter (@isleofruby[1]), Medium
(https://medium.com/isleofruby) or visit https://isleofruby.org/ for all
the latest.
Cheers and hope to see you there,

Alex (@myabc[2])

P.S.: we’re still looking for sponsors so if you know socially-
      responsible companies that might be interested in reaching the UK
      Rubyist community, please let us know!

On Sat, 3 Feb 2018, at 5:38 PM, Barabas EvE wrote:
> Hi fellow Rubyists,
>
> In my position of Dev Team Lead for NHS.UK part of NHSDigital and one
> of the organisers for Sheffield Ruby User Group I’m proud to be
> involved with Isle of Ruby, a brand-new conference we are running this
> April. If you are interested in a Ruby and a Tech for Good conference
> in the UK, we’ve got you covered. We would be grateful if you could
> pass this message along to the members of London Ruby User Group.>
> Before you come and join us as an attendee (psssst our early bird
> tickets are on sale at the moment:
> https://ti.to/isleofruby/2018-edition/en), why not submit a proposal
> for a talk?>
> Technology does not exist in a vacuum. While Isle of Ruby is a Ruby
> conference, it also wants to spur on members of our community to
> consider how the work we do affects the world around us and what we
> can do to have an impact. We welcome both technological talks as well
> as talks about experiences along those lines and we will bring in
> people from other programming communities and disciplines to help us
> explore some of these questions. Some of our thinking around this can
> be found here: https://medium.com/noisland/no-island-dcf88f2f12d3 .>
> Give us a shout if you need any more information info at isleofruby.org
> or apply here https://cfp.isleofruby.org/events/isleofruby-2018>
> Thank you in advance and looking forward to hearing from you.
>

> P.S. Ooops, please ignore the first email. Occupational hazard in
>      using Leeds/London interchangeably :P (work has offices in both)>
> *Sent from a train leaving Exeter *
>
> Kind regards,
> Eva Barabas
> eve at isleofruby.org