[LRUG] [JOBS] Clojure London Permanent (£60K-£80K) / Contract (£500-£650) On-Site

Matthew Karas m at m.ki
Fri Feb 22 02:12:59 PST 2019

I hope that this is acceptable. I know a number of Rubyists, who have been
doing Clojure, and the Clojure boards are nowhere near as active as LRUG,
so I thought I'd post here too. This is NOT a Ruby job though.

*Background*

AllStreet is a new fintech company based in London, using Clojure and
Clojurescript to create tools for financial analysts. We are developing
AI-based automation tools to provide the equivalent of a research assistant
at every analyst's desktop.

We are growing the number of developers in London, and are looking for
people with Clojure and Clojurescript development skills. The ideal
candidate will have been using Clojure commercially, although we will
consider others with less Clojure experience, if you have other strong
functional programming skills, and other significant skills, relevant to
our wider technology stack and domain of interest.

*Experience of any of the following would be an asset::*

C#/.Net
Javascript
HTML5
Python
ElasticSearch
Natural Language Processing
Semantic Analysis of Text
Concept Extraction
Natural Language Generation
Machine Learning
Behavioural Analytics
Content Production Systems
Document Formatting

*The Job*

We are looking to hire a Senior Developer to work in our London office, and
work within a small team of engineers. We have a vibrant, productive
working environment. We apply agile principles to our product development,
and have adopted a Scrum-based methodology, with a view to delivering
user-centric software which is iterated quickly to provide continuously
increasing value to our customers.

The work is highly collaborative in nature, so the environment requires a
high level of interpersonal trust and confident communication between team
members.

While the core product is a web-based system written in Clojure, you will
be exposed to advanced natural language processing and machine learning
techniques, including a state-of-the-art semantic analysis engine, being
developed in C#.

The ideal candidate, will be deployment focused, with a high degree of
curiosity, and with the ability to solve challenging problems and ask
thoughtful questions, while designing and delivering simple and elegant
solutions using functional programming.

You must be able to envision a variety of solutions and to clearly
articulate them to colleagues, including non-technical stakeholders, and
explain the trade-offs involved in choosing between options.

You must love working with others and sharing knowledge, to get the best
result for the end-user and ultimately for the business.

*Requirements*

Ideally, as well as some of the items listed above, the successful
candidate will have:

- At least five years experience of delivering software in a commercial
environment
- Demonstrable commercial experience of functional programming
- Familiarity with Scrum
- Familiarity with Continuous Deployment
- Interest in natural language processing and machine learning

*Location*

We are located in the City of London, where many of our target customers
are based. This is also adjacent to Shoreditch and Silicon Roundabout, the
home of Google’s Campus London and Microsoft Reactor, which make it a
vibrant area, full of like-minded developers and entrepreneurs.