[LRUG] A Guide to Function Composition in Ruby

Paul Mucur mudge at mudge.name
Wed May 8 07:56:52 PDT 2019

Hi all,

I’ve written up a comprehensive guide to Ruby 2.6’s new function composition operators “<<“ and “>>” at https://www.ghostcassette.com/function-composition-in-ruby/ with an overview of the wider topic, the history of the feature in Ruby and a breakdown of how it works.

As it was a talk I did at LRUG back in 2014 (https://mudge.name/2014/11/26/data-structures-as-functions.html) that inspired this long journey, I would greatly appreciate any feedback from the community.

If you find it at all interesting, please feel free to share (it has been posted to the usual places so any votes and comments would be fantastic: /r/ruby, /r/programming, Hacker News, Lobsters).

Kind regards,

— Paul