[LRUG] October meeting - it’s a week early, and very empty!

Murray Steele murray.steele at lrug.org
Wed Sep 18 14:01:10 PDT 2019

Hi everyone,

Due to a private hire at Code Node our October meeting will be a week
earlier than usual, on Monday 7th (the first Monday of the month, we’re
usually on the second Monday).  We had people pencilled in to speak, but
the change in the date means they’ve all had to reschedule for November or
December and we’ve gone from a full meeting to a completely empty one!

This is where you come in to save the day by emailing talks at lrug.org and
volunteering to speak.

Perhaps you’re a first timer just waiting for an opportunity to give your
first talk, or you’re an old hand with a conference coming up that you want
to reherse for, or anything in beteern.  If you’ve got something you’d like
to talk about then our October meeting is a really good opportunity to skip
the queue and get on the stage.

As usual we're more than happy to help anyone prepare or rehearse a talk if
that’d help you be more comfortable on the night, and we’ve collected some
tips about giving talks, both general presentation advice, and room
specific advice for LRUG, on our readme: http://readme.lrug.org/#talks

Looking forward to reading all your lovely talk proposals soon!

Cheers,

Murray & the rest of the organisation team