[LRUG] [JOBS] Come and lead development at Skiller Whale

Thayer Prime thayer at team-prime.com
Tue Nov 3 02:59:09 PST 2020

I know there's a bunch of jobs being advertised at the moment, so I just
wanted to add a huge recommendation for getting to work with Hywel and the
team at SkillerWhale.

He's also one of the most thoughtful company builders when it comes to
thinking about inclusion and great working places from the outset - so if
there are any folks on this list who are looking to work somewhere that
genuinely walks the walk not just the talk on inclusion and diversity, and
treating people with kindness and respect - these are the peeps to work
with.

I'm not in any way professionally engaged with SkillerWhale, I just wanted
to vouch for Hywel and the team as a great (and kind) place to work, from a
woman in tech.

Thayer

On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 10:44 AM Hywel Carver <hywelc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hiya everyone,
>
> We're looking for a lead developer at Skiller Whale with strong Rails and
> AWS-wrangling abilities. You'd be our first hire in the dev team, although
> you'll actually be the third developer in the company - this isn't a
> "technical cofounder" role!
>
> We're trying to change how developers learn and gain new skills, by
> offering focused and effective personalised training that transforms what
> teams are capable of. We're a small, well-funded team and we're growing
> fast.
>
> And we have some interesting problems to solve: creating on-demand
> infrastructure for each learner in a training session, building ad-hoc
> break-out video conferencing rooms for trainers to speak briefly with small
> groups of learners, and scaling the scheduling of live sessions across tens
> or hundreds of learners and trainers.
>
> I think this role is a good fit for:
>
>    - a senior developer who wants to step up and lead.
>    - an existing lead dev who wants to work in a small team where they'll
>    have massive impact and potential for growth
>    - or a startup CTO who wants to be closer to the code again
>
> And we're a fully remote company, so geography doesn't need to be a
> barrier.
>
> The full job advert and application form is at
> https://apply.workable.com/skiller-whale/ and you can also reply to me
> <hywel at skillerwhale.com> if you have any questions. I'd love to talk!
>
> Hywel
>

> Hywel Carver <http://www.hcarver.com>