[LRUG] [JOBS] Permanent Remote Ruby Support Engineer - Start-Up

Andrew Sully andrew at wi5.io
Wed Oct 21 03:07:05 PDT 2020

Hi All,

Here at Wi5, <https://wi5.io/> we are on the lookout for 2 x Remote
Permanent Ruby Support Engineers. We are Mobile Order & Pay experts, which
is in high demand,
meaning our business is continuing to grow, with our next round of exciting
investment expected in only a matter of weeks!

As a Ruby Support Engineer, you will help set up our dedicated engineering
support function. Working closely with our platform DevOps and Product
team’s you will build support processes that feed into both the development
of internal tools, as well as helping to improve the level of support
offered to our clients. You will also help debug live issues across the
stack, using Ruby and JavaScript frameworks, as well as relational
databases. As we grow the team, you will also have the opportunity to
mentor more Junior Support Engineers.

**Here is more about us**

At Wi5 we are building an industry-leading 'Order and Pay' application
alongside tooling and integrations to make the process seamless for
merchants and venue owners to receive mobile orders.

Our mission is to drag the hospitality industry into the 21st century by
making mobile payments the new norm. We make going out for dinner or drinks
with your friends and colleagues more fun by cutting queues, waiting times
and awkward yet failed slow-motion waves to the waiter for the credit card
machine. Instead of waiting at the bar, you can order drinks directly from
your table.

Check out one of our recent case studies to see just some of the awesome
work we've done recently: Rosa’s Thai Case Study
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFTc-DsMwY8&feature=emb_title>

We are working with the biggest casual dining brands and the largest drinks
distributors in the UK and some of the busiest venues in the world. Our
sales pipeline proudly nurtures more than a thousand new locations, a way
to the heart of millions of users.

**What we look for**

As an employee of Wi5, you will be expected to pull up your sleeves and get
your hands dirty. This means your role is expected to evolve above and
beyond the contents of the job description. You will be provided with all
the support you need to do so. Whether it's our generous learning budget,
our 'promote-from-within' culture, or mentorship from our senior people, we
are dedicated to not just growing our product, but growing our people.

**We use a modern tech stack including**

VueJS, Ruby on Rails, AWS, Docker, Terraform; we use Slack, JIRA and
Notion and strive to be as agile as we can.

If you are interested to hear more about this role and Wi5, please do feel
free to contact me - andrew at wi5.io (Head of Talent)

Thanks

*ANDREW SULLY*  |  HEAD OF TALENT ACQUISITION
[image: Wi5 logo]
T: +44 (0) 20 3968 2455  |  andrew at wi5.io  |  wi5.io
Wi5, The Ministry, 79-81 Borough Rd, London SE1 1DN
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/The+Ministry/@51.4990198,-0.1003945,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x487604a1357a736d:0x98cf81162dcb7b52!8m2!3d51.4990165!4d-0.0982058>
[image: LinkedIn Icon] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/wi5tech/>  [image:
Twitter Icon] <https://twitter.com/wi5tech>  [image: Wayra Logo]
<https://wayra.co.uk/alumni/> [image: Pitch at Palace Logo]
<http://pitchatpalace.com/leaderboard/> [image: Go To Grow Logo]
<http://gotogrow.london/> [image: Tech London Advocates Logo]
<http://techlondonadvocates.org.uk/>
Wi5 is a trading name of Wi5 Technologies Ltd, a company registered in
England and Wales with company no. 10532973 and VAT registration no.
GB246393488. The company is registered at Prince Albert House, 20 King
Street, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 1DT, UK
<https://maps.google.com/?q=20+King+Street,+Maidenhead,+Berkshire+SL6+1DT,+UK&entry=gmail&source=g>.
Our email disclaimer lives here <https://wi5.io/email-disclaimer/>. Our
privacy policy lives here <https://wi5.io/privacy-policy>.