[LRUG] [JOBS] A couple of small-medium projects at NLR

Rob Lucas Rob at newleftreview.org
Thu May 27 03:51:37 PDT 2021

We have a couple of small-medium codebase-maintenance projects coming up at NLR and would like to hear from anyone experienced with:

* migrating legacy JS into Webpacker, and ideally Stimulus

* RSpec, and ideally also Gherkin/Spinach

The first project, as you've probably guessed, is to migrate our legacy JS into Webpacker. The JS is fairly lightweight--25 files of fairly simple JQuery sprinkles and the like. We're quite keen on using Stimulus to structure everything, but open to other framework suggestions, or even just keeping the plain old JQuery sprinkles.

The second project: most of our tests are in RSpec, but we have a residual 23 Gherkin feature files left over from some previous project-management vacillation. For the sake of consistency and efficiency, we want to rewrite these as RSpec features and drop Gherkin.

It's not the most glamorous of work, I admit, but it should be pretty easy stuff for anyone experienced on these fronts. If you think you fit the bill, let me know at rob at newleftreview.org, ideally with relevant code samples.